Our business is based on the conservation of resources, promoting the reuse and development of products with renewable raw materials.
In the sustainability criteria we consider economic, social and environmental aspects.
WE ARE COMPANY B
B’’ MEANS BENEFIT FOR ALL
B Corporations are companies that meet the highest standards in terms of social and environmental performance, transparency and corporate responsibility.
The B Corporations movement is a global movement of people using the power of business to make a positive impact on the world.
Unibag has made available to the community an initiative that seeks to recover reusable bags in poor condition, and then send them for recycling or composting, depending on their materiality.
At Unibag, we are committed to sustainable development. That is why we have installed more than 500 photovoltaic panels to produce solar energy and reduce our carbon footprint.
CLEAN PRODUCTION AGREEMENT
We added a commitment to move towards a circular economy together with CENEM and the Sustainability and Climate Change Agency. We were certified under the clean production agreement “Packaging Agreement II moving towards a circular economy”.
WE MEASURE OUR CARBON FOOTPRINT
We take care to measure our carbon footprint and verify it through Huella Chile. In 2021 our carbon footprint was 3,261.34 TON. Scope 3 is responsible for 97% of our emissions.
Our product design methodology is based on a circular production model that considers eco-design principles.
We are looking for:
- Biobased raw materials: 90% of our production is biobased products without plastic content.
- Durability. Our products are designed to be reused and to contribute to the reduction of waste generation.
- Quality: We care about delivering products with excellent finishes, which are reviewed by our quality control team to ensure that they can fulfill their function and have the expected durability.
- End of life of products: All of our products are recyclable or compostable at the end of their useful life.
- Packaging: We use the minimum amount of packaging to pack our products, trying to eliminate or reduce the use of plastic in them and that all our packaging is recyclable.
INDUSTRIAL WASTE MANAGEMENT
All our industrial waste is properly managed according to its materiality and is recycled by various recovery companies.
We are committed to reducing the amount of waste going to landfill each year.
CONTRIBUTION TO THE COMMUNITY
At Unibag we are concerned with generating a positive impact on the community.
- We continuously donate reusable bags to different institutions and NGOs that develop social impact programs.
- We install and manage containers in different communities to recycle reusable bags.
- We contribute through different campaigns to strengthen environmental education among citizens.
At Unibag we are committed to a more equitable and just society. Since 2021, we have joined the 10X Challenge, through which we voluntarily make a commitment that our salary gap between the highest and lowest gross salary will not exceed 10 times.
Read more here www.desafio10x.cl
POST-CONSUMER RECOVERY PROGRAM FOR REUSABLE BAGS